Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bad Act Jack

This blog has changed gears from Photography class, to the disimilarities between the place I was before to the place I am now, and now this blog will turn into general observations about life. Here goes...
My first question. Why are professional athletes such bad actors?
I feel this is a valid inquiry and to me it needs answering. I feel like anyone should be able to act. Isn't it as simple as someone just being themself, maybe reading or memorizing some lines and them reciting them, as yourself. I understand it is hard for millionaires who are the best in their chosen sports to take time out of their busy off-season schedule to make and endorsement or be apart of a movie, but honestly it's cringeworthy. Hearing an athlete stumble through lines in something that feels as unnatural as hearing Glenn Beck announce that he's gay is tough for me, the viewer. I don't know how to rectify this situation other than ask that they just stop, stop selling cell-phone service or pizzas. I understand this is a advertising technique that is supposed to be persuasive, but it's not. I could care less how Dan Marino takes care of his hemroids. Here is a picture of what I am talking about

Lance Armstrong, just stop it (not cancer prevention or cycling, just boner pill pushing)

No comments: